Got to Shannon Harbour today but no final photo proof due to battery issue. Also, no accomodation there as lady just out of hospital. When i called up she told me this. I said to her that i didnt care if she just got the last rites; she was leaving me down, Ireland down, and that butterfly that's causing all the commotion on the weather far east way. And that was just the nice part of the conversation. Her point was that i hadnt booked anything and she had never heard of me before which I felt was neither here nor there. I'll be taking this further. Anyway, im into Athlone tonight.
Regretably I have decided not to walk back to Dublin on the Royal Canal as was the original plan. Loads of reasons but really I think I'm canaled out and just couldn't be bothered. There is no one around so tis a tad quiet. The picture below is rather typical. Also some of the feedback on this blog has been a tad harsh and somewhat unkind.
I'n inclined to finish with an oft quoted proverb from the Bushmen of Namibia in their click language, and Im sorry if my translation is a bit rusty. It says ' When one dies, one cant. When one lives, yes". Need I say more......

No comments:
Post a Comment