As the rain continues to pelt against the window I felt really sorry for myself this morning, day 3. Then i thought, who am I to whine about blisters when Young Wi Yan is out there with elbows blown off by a land mine, his arms held together using the gut of a cat sacrificed specially for the purpose. Or Pat Jo Murphy with no head - kept alive with the aid of the internet; you don't hear him complain about the dew on the ground. Not forgetting Jesus Fernandez de la Montoya who carelessly lost all four limbs during the Siege of Asuncion back in 2007 following an on/off misunderstanding.
These people are the ones with real problems, and mine pale in comparison. Mind you, who's not to say that they wouldn't complain if they could still speak but none the less my point is still valid.
I suddenly felt very ashamed. I vowed to be a better person and, more importantly, a better human being. Otherwise what separates us from the animals? Outside the fact that we can talk and they cant, and we have guns and abatoirs and they don't?
No comments:
Post a Comment