Monday, October 29, 2012

People (and dogs) that you meet

Met Caoimhe and her owner, met the fishermen who catch and release (pike mainly) but who told me the 'foreners' dont throw back, met a shop assistant who received a hefty slap on the backside in front of me, what a laff. As she smilingly said herself, "neighbours, what are they like?" I think the question was rhetorical, but unsure of myself, I mumbled an 'indeed' back. Interestingly enough the main ad near the cash register was a plea to punters to buy their mice poison early. Good advice.

Picture of Caoimhe below, age 8 months. Apparently you can't properly exercise an Irish Wolfhound until they are 18 months old as their limbs are not fully formed. There is actually a home for disabled wolfhounds north of Birr which rehabs these dogs. If rehab doesnt work they are sent to Cambodia to search for unexploded mines and to eat rogue shitzus.

1 comment:

  1. I petted that dog with my right hand and it changed my life.

    Lefty

    ReplyDelete